The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Friday, January 13, 2012

Summer's Musical

"Cats scratch you for no reason, so they should understand if you wipe your nose off on them for no reason." - Michael Hartz

Hello everyone, and welcome to 2o12!

... plus 13 days.

It's a bit awkward to be blogging again for many reasons, one of which being that I still don't have enough of a life to pull me away from my computer...

Another reason is simply that, hey, it's been a while.

As my last post was over a month ago, I'm at a loss as to how I should begin this... So, I'll get through this the way I get through most of life: I'll copy someone else's idea.

Yes, today I'll follow Reg's example and talk about my new year's resolutions (now, officially, I never made any. However, as well as a world-champion idea copier, I'm also a first-class bullshit-er. So here it goes).

1. Cuss less

Now, I know I don't seem like the most blatant cusser in the world, but trust me. I have my moments. In lew of this (if that's even how you spell "lew"), I've constructed a few handy phrases to use in place of cuss words. For example, when I think "f*** my life" I'll instead sing "how could this happen to me?!?!?" from the song of the same title by the forever whiny Simple Plan (who misses whiny boybands? Anyone? ... Anyone besides Justin Bieber?). Similarly, in place of "f*** off" I'll sing (in my best Jack Black impersonation) "STEP OFF!!!"

... Apparently, this resolution involves my life turning into a giant musical.

No complaints.

2. Write More Music

What's the point of having a passion if you don't pursue it? Notice, there aren't any movies about the loser kid who dreams of being a basketball star, gets asked to play on the team, and says "Nahh... I'm not really feeling it." Or evil queens being told by their magic mirrors that they're in fact not the fairest of them all and replying with a "mehh, whatevs. Wanna watch some Gossip Girl?"

3. Get My Poop In Group

Besides being a clean way of saying "get my shit together" (and being my new favorite phrase), this basically describes the theme of this new year (for me, at least. You can leave your poop lying around for all I care). I've spent the last few years of my life being SO INCREDIBLY LAZY, I swear I turned into Snorlax at one point. It wasn't my most attractive look. So, this year, I'd like to clean myself up a bit. Stop treating my room like a junkyard, stop procrastinating for every single assignment, and start focusing a little more on reading and music. If there's anything I learned in 2011, it's that I'm far more capable of a successful life than I give myself credit. Therefore, I'm going to start putting that capability to use.

I suppose I could continue, but I'll stop boring you and move onto something more constructive (like YouTube!).

Thanks for reading! I hope all your resolutions are going splendidly and that your wildest dreams have already come true.

Or, I at least hope you're eating chocolate.

That's almost as nice.

Less than three,

~ Summer

6 comments:

  1. Haha. favorite line: "You can leave your poop lying around for all I care"

    That was epic.






    p.s.* its "lieu" and comes from French.



    but please continue to spell it lieu in protest of being forced to adopt your last name's heritage against your will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Lieu! This makes me quite happy indeed! I use it quite often, so I'm glad I can finally spell the dang thing;) Haha! I'll definitely protest the origin of my name, those... what's a good substitute for "bastards"?

      Delete
  2. I totes meant lew in the last line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. poop i forgot to turn anonymous on when I obsessively corrected myself

      Delete
    2. All your replies make me laugh! It's so wonderful to see a post with 4 comments, too, even if they are all from the same person;) LOVE YOU, REGINALD!

      Delete