The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Thursday, June 02, 2011

A headbanging graduation: a post to counter-act Reg's strike

So today was by little sister's middle school graduation. Naturally, Reg & Summer were there as the peanut gallery to witness the glory that was our (very) small town's middle school graduates. I am home from Iowa for the summer, and find myself enjoying the times like today. Today we had sixteen people at my house celebrating the graduation of two of the 2011 students. My godson, who graduates from Kinder tomorrow and whose birthday is on Tuesday, decided to headbang to some good ole Disney Channel Pop music which was frightening as it brought his face awfully close to the piece of cake on the plate before him. Why is this frightening? Because it would have been exceptionally hard to NOT die from laughter had he face-planted into his piece of chocolate cake. In addition to that, my parents were sitting behind our group at graduation, whispering conspiratorially, and causing more trouble than four-year-old Samantha, who had to be taken out of the ceremony by her grandfather for talking too loudly...it was rather humorous--my parents, not Sami being taken out. All in all it was a good night, and it just gets better....in the morning (0400 to be exact) Reg & Summer will be getting up for school to have their coffee, get ready, and we will drive the hour and ten minutes from my house to their (and formerly my own) school...it shall be quite epic...almost as epic as it is early. Only one word will get the three of us through tomorrow morning....COFFEE.

       Until next time (when Reg will HOPEFULLY no longer be on strike),
                      ~Sayuri~

1 comment:

  1. It was an amazing time dearie. And that is why I went to bed at 8 pm when I got home. :P

    ReplyDelete