The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just a little rant from Reg on the art of texting...

Texting should have laws. Besides the obvious ones about no texting and driving.

Texting should have laws so that I don't have to reappraise my evaluation of perfectly sweet young men who text badly.

Law 1: No overusing smiley faces. It is perfectly acceptable to prove happiness with diction. If a smiley face is inevitable, it must be done tastefully, and never as a "one word text."

Law 2: No one word texts. If the conversation is winding down, make an excuse to leave. Or say, "I have to go," and not explain why.

Law 3: Never, ever, ever, ever shorten words. Ever. With modern-day full keyboard phones, it is completely unnecessary to shorten words. Also, the letter "u" does not mean you. Let people appreciate a demonstration of your literacy.

Law 4: Use abbreviations sparingly and try not to use obscure abbreviations. It is polite for both participants in the conversation to understand what is being said.

There's my list. I hope it saves a poor boy or two.

Your butterfly,
Regette

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you lately, that I love you? LOL CUZ I DO!!!!!!!!!! I agree 1039808549804380927902% on your rules. Get down with your English "R-uh-ts"

    ReplyDelete