The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Rules of the Farm: A post by Sayuri

Hey gang, seems like it's been a little while since we here at the daily dust have posted anything, so I think now is an opportune time to explain the things I have learned from my three days (I'll add more once I've been here longer lol) on the farm.
     Here is my list of "Farms Rule" Rules:

          1) Skipping breakfast is a BAD idea. Especially if you are expected to be productive at any point between breakfast and the noon meal (some call it lunch, here we call it dinner, this is like BK, have it your way).
          2) Being grossed out is a common occurrence and should be accepted and dealt with without making an unnecessary scene. (This one I did not experience but I thought I'd throw in). EX: manure, bugs, frogs, creepy crawlers, cobwebs, etc.
          3) Sleep is necessary to be productive. This seems obvious, but I tend to forget that sometimes. No Bueno.
          4)  You are a slave to the weather. Sure, a little rain may not seem like much, but it is. Respect the weather.
         5) Take care of yourself. You are no good to anyone if you're sick & a slight whiner like me. (This is what I keep telling myself so I don't get sick while working on Tom's farm...that would be no bueno).

 That's all for now; I'll keep you updated as more rules come into play.
            Remember, Farms Rule :)

                       ~Sayuri~

2 comments:

  1. Umm... "Farms Rule"? It sure doesn't sound like it! But I hope you're enjoying yourself :)Brilliant post, by the way! It literally made me LOL xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an excellent time, dearie...

    and try not to come back with an even worse accent :P

    ReplyDelete