The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Regette proudly presents Honey's guest entry

Honey’s guest entry

Recently, as I was sitting with my beloved Regette and Summer, I got to thinking about the people we choose to spend our time with and why. Looking around, it is not all together clear why certain people are drawn to each other. Those girls over there-all they appear to have in common is their love of gossip, which is not limited to others, I realize, as I have often also heard them discussing each other. And that couple over there- does she not realize he doesn’t have the mental capacity to understand half the things she’s saying? I wonder this, because I know exactly why I get along so well with Regette and Summer. They are like me. They understand.

Yesterday, for example, I went to youth group. It was an unusual night, where, instead of the normal sermon, there was a dinner and a talent show. I was late and had to wander through the room and around the tables to find people I knew. When I finally did, the table was full and I had to sit off to the side by myself. This was not the worst part, however. The worst part was their trying to include me, although clearly not wanting to, and drawing attention to me by offering their seats or some of their food. As I sat there, alone, embarrassed,, and in my personal hell disguised as a church, I couldn’t help but feel that if Regette and Summer were present, they would understand. In fact, if Regette and Summer had been there, I wouldn’t have been miserable at all. They would roll their eyes with me at the girls wearing heels, as if this was actually the fancy affair the youth pastor had tried to make it. And, while some cruel little twits laughed at a poor girl singing, they would have joined me in my death-stare. Here we were, at this place that was supposed to be accepting and they were making fun of people. I wanted to slap them. Of course, I guess this wouldn’t have been very Christian either. Regette and Summer would understand this, though, and they would easily pick up on the not-so-subtle remarks I was making with my eyes and facial expression. So, as I glance around, I can only hope that these people have some secret, unknown reason for liking each other. It makes life suck a whole lot less.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment