The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Cheese Sandwich from Summer

"Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters...
Nothing really matters to me."

Today is already shaping up to be the roughest day of my life, barring the day I get my wisdom teeth pulled

I spent my morning taking state tests and listening to "Hotel California" in my head...As I have failed to mention earlier, I constantly have a song in my head and know not what silence sounds like...It must be very boring.

After this, I go to rehearsal for 3 hours where I will imagine taking over the room and barricading it with music stands... The casualties will be innumerable.

Still after that, I go to a welcome home party for my cousin where I'll be surrounded by tons of people I don't know and don't wish to know.

I'll come home at ten feeling crabby and gross and wishing I could drive far, far away without getting caught.

And yet...

None of this really matters, because tomorrow will come and all this will be over. I'll have a new set of challenges to deal with. I'll for new ideas, make new plans, tell new stories, and worry new worries. I'll be myself, just a day older.

See, we get so wrapped up with the problems of the present that we forget to learn what they're teaching us. Life is a state test question and it's up to us to decipher the meaning of it. Yeah, it's cheesy, but it's there. Open your eyes, it's there.

Unfortunately, its a little too early for me to digest all this cheese I'm spewing out. I'm a little too bitter about my crappy weekend and I've had a little too little of coffee to deal with it maturely.

All I'm saying is, try to think about how your current feelings, actions, and view points are affecting your future feelings, actions, and viewpoints. Do you like the image you're creating for yourself?

Less than three,

~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment