The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Friday, April 08, 2011

What do.....a post of question and enlightenment by Sayuri

What do Plato, Thibaut, and I have in common? If you said more questions than they can answer, you're correct! Yay! Plato's Theory of Forms is the first concept. Basically, everything is manifested from our own minds. Simple. So the line between friends and more than friends? Equally simple? I think not. Thibaut & Kelly came up with the Interdependence Theory of love. This Theory says, simply, everything that happens to me, affects my partner. Example, I come home tomorrow and say "I got a promotion and have to move to China!"...this affects my partner. Equally, if I come home in a rotten mood, this also affects my partner because now he has to deal with me in a crummy mood. So, today, a friend of mine and I discussed the placing of this metaphorical "line" that according to society should exist, but does it? I think it does for the most part. I just think my friend Tom and I don't tend to follow society's concept of a "line".
Space means nothing to Tom & I. Apparently, we hold hands (according to my roommate, I have no recollection of this) without me realizing it (which is odd, even though I'm peculiarly unobservant). We goof off, he'll pick me up, tickle (well try to) me, watch movies with me (we watched The Swan Princess last night), and doesn't care when we (to use today's terminology) are "all up in each others' grill" :-P  Usually, the line would be crossed at hand holding, at an arm around the waist, at being approximately 5 cm away from the other person's FACE, but not with us. We're just like "huh, whatever." I have one thing to say to our strange, anti-societal line....FLYING BARN.

       Until I'm Saved by Grace,
                        ~Sayuri~

2 comments:

  1. Got to love those three-letter names, chica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sayuri,
    My name is Ameretta. I would simply like to say that I feel your pain. ok. well not really, I can only say I can imagine how painful this must be. So I would suggest that perhaps your flying barn should be painted a bright and fluorescent yellow or green. perhaps that would help Tom distinguish the signs you are sending to him. Or Tom really needs to clear up the messages he is sending to you.
    Love your posts. You are simply amazing Sayuri.

    Much love,
    Ameretta @>- (that is supposed to be a rose, in case it is unclear)

    ReplyDelete