The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Summer's Moo

"It's a b*tch girl, but it's gone too far 'cause you know it don't matter anyway." - Hall & Oates

Today I reached a level of unrelatability envied by cows.

Seriously.

Today in choir I looked at the people around me- actually looked them straight in the face- and realized that I cared nothing for them.  There was not one drop of emotion in my Emotion Tank, which is usually overflowing.  This is probably due in part to the fact that they also care nothing for me.  The only time they don't look straight through me is when I moo something unexpected, like "you're playing the wrong chord." Yes, to them I am a cow, with nothing but vast emptiness behind my big brown eyes.

You know why?

Because that's what I've become.

I don't talk, I move when moved, and I care more about food than the final concert.  When people look into my eyes hoping to spark some emotion with their own, I look back at them with an empty stare rivaling that of a dead man.  It's a bit similar to looking into their eyes.  However, there is one big difference...

Behind my emptiness there's a sort of sullen contempt.

Behind their emptiness there's a sort of... emptiness.

Everyone thinks I just need to try harder...  What they don't know is that I'm actually trying very hard.  I'm trying to forget they exist.

Less than three,

~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment