The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Monday, April 18, 2011

Summer's Question

Today during my wild night of watching Gilmore Girls and researching colleges, I formed a question...

"What is up with women's obsession with wearing animal-print clothing?" I asked the throw pillows surrounding me.

The throw pillows merely shrugged, so I had to come up with my own theory.

In fact, I came up with three theories, which are listed below.

1.  They wish to convey some kind of doe-eyed innocence.

As you know, many animal-printed or fur-lined articles of clothing are product of some of the world's most innocent creatures, such as rabbits and zebras.  While no one would call a rabbit sexy or a zebra desirable, they are innocent, large-eyed creatures commonly preyed on by the more masculine hawks and lions.  Therefore, when a woman wears a zebra-striped top, she is subconciously hoping to attract a fierce, manly lion.  Or conciously.  Either way, it's disturbing.

2.  They wish to be seen as wild and dangerous.

I cannot tell you how many times I've seen women decked out in some sort of leopard-print or tiger-striped apparel.  I similarly cannot tell you how tacky I find it.  Regardless, it's out there.  Why? Women wish to be seen as wild, dangerous creatures prowling the jungle.  This theory is usually eminant in the older crowd; you know, older women looking for some excitement.  Come to think of it, I should come up with a theory as to why cougars are termed cougars when they wear tiger-striped clothing...

3.  They live alone.

Crazy cat ladies may be the leading consumers of animal-print clothing.  Perhaps they think their cats will call them mommy if they look like a cat...  Personally, I think their cats think "WTF lady, either give me food or go on broadway" when they see their owner crawling and meowing on the floor with whiskers drawn onto her face.

So there you go.

Personally, I don't think I will ever resort to wearing animal-print clothing under ANY circumstances.

Then again, I live alone...

Licking milk out of a bowl on the floor may be just around the corner.

Less than three,

~ Summer

3 comments:

  1. That was funny and just all around great, as usual.

    However, Cougars wear leopard and cheetah print, rarely tiger. I would know. I nearly bought some cheetah print gold metallic leggings from Forever 21. Though I hope I'm not a cougar yet...just on my way to becoming one. haha

    keep posting brilliant posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, LOVE the Gilmore Girls :) I recently had a Gilmore night myself....good post, insightful as always. ~Sayuri~

    P.S. It's snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and it's the 19th of April)!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm enlightened! Thank you for clarifying! I feel I can consult the pros... Meaning you :) Keep the comments coming! <3

    I APPROVE!!! Every night should be Gilmore night... And thank you mucho, Say! And that's so exciting about the snow!!! Make a smexy snowman for me ;)

    ~ Summer

    ReplyDelete