The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Regette's fear of short boys in fedoras

I have this theory that not only do girls have a type that they prefer in guys, but there is a type of guys that prefer them. Unfortunately, these types don't always align.

For example, I like well-dressed men  that are considerably older than me. Yet I find myself chased by short fedora-wearing boys. Which wouldn't be a problem, but my experiences with them have conditioned me to be wary.

Instance one: I was in Target (that's were all the cool kids hang, obviously) in the shampoo aisle, and a guy about my age and height wearing a fedora passed by, giving me the eye. I saw him five more times while shopping, and once in the parking lot.

Instance two: I went on a quasi-date with the rat bastard that was supposed to take me to prom. I knew he was about my height, but I was OK with it. However, to my horror, what does he wear on the quasi-date but a fedora.

Instance three: In DC a while ago I went to a dance a hotel. A short boy in a fedora asked me to dance and I politely declined because I did not know him. After he pleaded with me, I
consented. Then he told me all about how it "was fate that we met tonight" and "that I was such a classy lady." Which brings me to two new life rules.

Rule 96 section 1: Do not, under any circumstances, date any one that uses the words "lady" or "naughty" to describe you.

Rule 96 section 2: Run if "fate" or "destiny" or the phrase "will you have my babies?" is used in context in any conversation with a guy.

Anyway, this guy followed me to a movie that was playing in a conference room of the hotel and sat next to me. Then he asked for my phone number and I pulled the shameful rejection tactic of the fake number. In the morning at the free continental breakfast he tracked me down and asked if I had gotten any of his texts (plural?!) I (again, shamefully) lied and said my phone didn't work so far from home. Then I left as quickly as possible (I might have ran.)

And that's why I'm afraid of short boys in fedoras. I suppose well-dressed, considerably older men  are probably afraid of me. For justifiable reasons.

Your butterfly,
Regette

1 comment:

  1. Oh my darling, what are we going to do with your and Summer's unfortunate luck of attracting rather odd young men? You can come race cardboard boats here instead!

    ReplyDelete