The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Monday, April 18, 2011

Nonsense and Unsensibility- Regette's thoughts on the wonders of modern medicine

A good friend once told me about how hilarious Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility seemed when she first watched it. The second time she watched it, however, she didn't find him that funny at all.

The difference? Post-operational vicodin.
Well, today was one of those strange, strange days. After coughing up some blood with the unspeakably gross snot-stuff that normally accompanies a cold, I went to the doctor. She prescribed some heavy duty antibiotics, some painkillers, told me I had bronchitis and a nosebleed at the same time (aren't I talented!) then sent me on my less-than-merry way.

I got home and made Regette's famous cure-all concoction*. Then, of course,  I popped Sense and Sensibility into the dvd player.

Lo and behold, Colonel Brandon (played by the same actor who plays Severus Snape) became hilarious and Mr. Palmer (Hugh Laurie from House) became a dreamboat. This is the world of flying barns. This is the world where Rose from Titanic ends up with Severus Snape. This is the world where Wasabi Goat cheese is edible (it was the only food in the fridge, well, that and baby carrots, which taste better because they are cuter than grown up carrots.)

I totally stole the carrot thing from my Honey-poo.

Your butterfly,
Regette

p.s. *I am not liable for anything that occurs after use of my famous cure-all. It is not FDA approved. It may cause serious side-effects and has not been appropriately tested. But if you have any pain what so ever, anywhere, any time, it will go bye-bye. Please consume responsibly. *

I don't want to give away my all of my secrets, so I can only reveal the first ingredient of four:

2 Cups freshly brewed bean juice/liquid love/coffee. Add cream and sugar to taste

Which is pretty much the only ingredient you'll ever need. Even if you are not in pain. Just drink more coffee anyway. Coffee is the meaning of life.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am SOOOO sorry about your condition! That's horrible! :(

    ... Does my sympathy earn me a dose of your cure-all concoction? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regette says: well of course suga. As long as you don't tell the po po where my still is. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear the exact accent you'd say that in too Reg. ~Sayuri~

    ReplyDelete