The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Summer's Peeps

Have you ever spent much time around music people?

I have.

Have you ever spent much time around music people and not wanted to kill yourself?

I haven't.

If you have spent some quality time with these gems, you know that there are three types of music people:

  1. Jerks who think they're better than everyone else
  2. Nice people who know they're better than everyone else
  3. Confused people who don't even know how they got there
The first type is generally the most common. Somewhere down the line, someone told "Katie" she was the best to avoid an awkward situation. Since then, "Katie's" been wearing those words like a hat and no one has had the heart to tell her it looks bad on her.

The second type are the worst. They're sweet, talented, confident, and almost always the best looking. They're so perfect that you want to stab them with your fork but they're so nice that you want to stab yourself for wanting to stab them. I'm telling you, AVOID THESE PEOPLE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

The third type is your best bet. They're generally the most chill and know more about Blacksabbath than Bach. They're just all "WTF, how'd I get here?" and you're just like "I don't know man, but this is some weird shit." Seriously, these are the most normal musicians you will ever meet.

So there you go.

If you've had to deal with these "people," I hope I've painted them accurately.

If you haven't, I hope you never do.

Music people.

Them's my peeps.

Less than three,
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment