The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Why graduation=karma...

I have come to the conclusion that graduation is punishment for all the negative thoughts or deeds I've accumulated in 13 years of public school...

First, I will be made to wear a shapeless gown and silly hat...such as a Dunce from an early 1900's schoolhouse. Also, I am similarly displayed in front of my peers (perhaps to be mocked).

Then, I will sit on hard bleachers for several hours while I listen to boring lectures about how to prepare for the rest of my lives.

Finally, I will be forced to spend an entire night with my family. This would not be bad, except they dislike each other immensely and I will have to be the peacekeeper (or perhaps referee?)

Thus, graduation is karma. Bad bad karma. I wish I would have paid even less attention in Stats.

Always your butterfly,
Reg

P.S. A conversation between grandmother and I this weekend:

G-ma: "Regette, darling, I would like to furnish one of your bathrooms when you move to your new apartment."

Reg: "Thanks. Any help is appreciated."

G-ma: "That way you'll think of me..."

Reg: "...Thanks..."

G-ma: "...every time you take a dump."

Reg: "...."

Reg: "Maybe you should furnish brother's bathroom instead..."

No comments:

Post a Comment