The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Advice from Reg's Dad's girlfriend

Dad's girlfriend has a problem. A problem I have yet to encounter, but I'm sure her wise advice will someday be of use.

Dad's girlfriend is dating my dad (redundant and obvious, yes). This is one of her problems. Her other problem is that her parents hate her boyfriend.


Now, I love my father despite his minor flaws. His flaws just happen to be that he's a man-whore that likes to date women who are 20 years his junior and  are also strippers.

Dad's girlfriend, Tanya, is not 20. She also is not a stripper. So, invariably over their 4 year long relationship, they break-up and get back together. This of course, makes it very awkward at family get-togethers she brings my father to, because all her parents remember of Dad is their daughter sobbing and eating a quart of Ben & Jerry's after a particularly bad break-up.

Thus, she has devised a plan for making her family tolerate my father.

First Step: change her facebook status to "in a relationship" and not reply to any comments asking who it is.

Second Step: after a week or so, reply to family with, "she's camera shy." Do not respond to questions about the use of the pronoun "she."

Third step: change profile picture to a picture of herself and her female coworker that no one in her family has met.

Final step: Bring actual boyfriend to party. Her parents accept him as a result of relief that she has not forever forsworn men.

Tanya's fool-proof plan. Mind you, this is only a suggestion, and results are not typical.

Good luck.

Your butterfly,
Regette

2 comments:

  1. Ohh my goodness... I'm going to put this to good use.

    I think my mormon family will approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you totally should Summer =)

    ReplyDelete