The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Summer's Letter

Dear ex-string-trio-member...

I'm gonna be totally honest with you... I wish I knew your secret.

HOW do you get so many people to like you?!

I've been around you for my entire life, and I still don't get it. Any "conversations" had with you involve a lot of listening to you gab on about whatever might be going on in your life, or you complaining about how there's nothing going on in your life.

By the way, the near-hour car ride where you talked about how you don't have any real friends? Yeah. Thanks for that. I was running out of awkward that day, and you restocked my shelves with supplies to spare.

I'm not sure what I love about you the most... your extroverted awkwardness, your natural rudeness, or your unrealistic belief that you're the best at everything.

Honestly, when I think of all the things I've seen you do or heard you say, I can't imagine you having the popularity that you do.

Yet, you do.

Somehow, you managed to get everyone to think you were one of the "cool kids", as if things like that matter. You were the life of the party. You got everyone to think of you the way you think of yourself. I applaud you for that.

In the end, I'm extremely relieved that you're at university now... not just because you are states away from me, but also because you're going to have a nasty reality check over there.

Have fun.

Less than three,

~ Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment