The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Summer's Lobby



Whenever someone says "Jesus" out of context at school, I imagine they're talking about Cheesus.








It makes their ridiculous conversations infinitely more entertaining!





So the other day I was at my mom's work waiting to talk to her, but it was super busy so I had to wait in the lobby for people to leave. After about ten minutes, I started to notice something strange... practically everyone entering or leaving the lobby gave me really weird looks.

"Well, I am just sitting here instead of getting in line..." I thought to myself. "I wonder why they think I'm here?"

This got me thinking...

WHAT do they think I'm doing here?!

I decided to solve this Summer style; a list of the top five things they think I might be.



1. Abandoned Child

Perhaps my family took me on "vacation" and left me at the hotel, out of sight, out of mind? It's like when you drive your unwanted dog out into the country and leave them there. Nobody has to know! Except the people in the lobby. They apparently know.

2. Criminal

If you had just escaped the law and needed a place to hide out, where would you go? A hotel, of course! That way you can have a funny accent if the police come and pretend you just look a lot like yourself. It's worked numerous times.

3. Hooker in Disguise

Sure, I may just be wearing jeans and a button-up shirt, but that's all to keep a low profile. Hotels are excellent places for this, because you can always pretend you were waiting for your husband or something. Genius.

4. Salesperson

What if I came to get the hotel to buy my coffee? Everyone knows salespeople never leave until you buy their stuff.

5. Random Bored Kid

...yeah... bingo.


Less than three,

~ Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment