The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Reg's life as a somewhat responsible adult

I’ve been having a terrible time thinking of something to post about, because everything I think of typing leads to a bitter rant about my ex. This in turns leads to the thought of a conversation I had with him a while ago, when I first told him that Summer, Sayuri and I had a blog.
He asked what we blogged about, and I replied something like “life.”
Then he said, “Oh, so you just complain then.”
This makes me wish I had something more to say than a bitter rant about him, because I don’t want him to be right. Though in truth he never read the blog even when we were together and I knew this, I still didn’t want him to be right. I cared very much what he thought—I guess that was my problem.
Anyway, I thought I’d list the awesome things that have happened in the last week.

10. I skyped with a girl from Russia and we could understand each other.
9. I made real chili. With ham hocks.
8. My attempt at dressing sluttily and going out ended in me with semi-formal business attire as usual. (I still got hit on)
7.The cute boy from pols likes my name…
6. I baked homemade pumpkin layer cake with white-chocolate frosting.
5. My cousin said he might visit.
4. My nice coworker didn’t have any work to do either so he walked me to the office.
3. I didn’t have my eight o’clock class on Thursday
2. Rent week is over. Hello November.
1. I contributed to my philosophy class…and consequently have to answer every difficult question about logical proofs.
Sure I don’t get out much and have a typical wild college experience, but I think I’m okay with the “responsible adult” thing I’ve been trying…Anyways, I’m going out tonight for some Halloween bash, so y’all* have a happy Halloween!


Your butterfly,
Reg

p.s. see what I did there?

No comments:

Post a Comment