The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Summer's Blague

Well, here it is.

Thanksgiving Day is upon us.

For weeks, I've been dreading this day like it was Justin Bieber's Christmas album. Now that it's here, though, it's not quite as scary as I'd imagined...

Thanksgiving, that is.

Justin Bieber's Christmas album will never cease to terrify me.

After all, who am I to hate on a holiday devoted to being thankful? When you think about it, Thanksgiving is one of the most beautiful holidays we have.

I actually wonder if other countries have similar holidays... They should! I know Thanksgiving was originally about the pilgrims and all that rot, but these days it revolves around many universal values:

Football, family, and food.

AND giving thanks.

Therefore, on this day, I'm going to take a moment to acknowledge all the things I'm thankful for.

1. Family

Whether you love 'em or you hate 'em, they're a huge part of who you are. I, for one, love my family. I'd be lost without them.

2. Friends

In the last few years, my life has become crazier than Willy Wonka (seriously, that guy's on something). No matter how bad things seem to get, however, my friends always manage to pull me through... Honey, Regette, and Sayuri get a huge shout-out and internet hug!!!

3. Inspiration

Recently, I've been finding a lot of inspiration... I think it's important to find someone or something that inspires you to go farther and try harder. Therefore, I'd like to thank Tom Milsom, Dean Moriarty, Elton John, Mika, Rudolf Budginas, and (of course) Daniel (Jurassic Park guy) for being my inspiration in your own strange ways. In fact, it was while listening to Elton John's "Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" a couple months ago that I officially decided to become a composer.

4. Coffee

How awesome is coffee? Most of my greatest moments happened while I was under the influence of coffee. I absolutely love it. Without coffee, I have no identifiable personality. Just ask anyone who's been around me when I HAVEN'T had coffee... of course, that usually involves me pulling a Jack Sparrow asking "why is the coffee gone?!" and running around madly searching for that heavenly brew. That's usually followed by my poor defense of "I'm not addicted, I just NEED it!" Yeah... coffee's awesome.

5. Hardships

Oh, the hardships. No fun, right? Well, without even the most minor of hardships, I wouldn't be as strong as I am today. Sure, I'm still pretty weak... but a bit stronger! Wow, it sounds like I'm talking about coffee. I have issues... but what I'm saying is that I'm thankful for everything I've gone through, because it's made me who I am today. It's given me a different perspective on things... dare I say existentialism?

6. This Blog

Did you know that the French word for "joke" sounds exactly the same as "blog"? I'm just waiting for the day someone comments with "your blog is a blague!" Anyways... yes, I'm thankful for this blog. It's been a lovely way of keeping Say, Reg and I in contact! Keeps us up to date and whatnot... and while we may not be the most consistent posters, when we do post it brightens my day.

I love you both very, very much and I hope to see you very, very soon!

I hope your Thanksgivings are wonderful and pie-full.

Less than three,

~ Summer

p.s.
coffee=love.
love=oxygen.
therefore,
coffee=oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment