The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

My Poem: Sayuri's strange sense of humor

Today in Creative Writing, our Professor told us we had ten minutes to write a poem. She gave us three options in case we were blocked but said we could write anything. I stared at the screen. Stared some more. And this is what I ended the 10 minutes with:

November 1, 2011
I cannot write a poem
I cannot find the words
Finding rhythm, rhyme, and reason
To me is quite absurd.
Instead I stare at this blank screen
And dream my day away.  

Seems  to fit lol
     ~Failure like Faulkner~ (look up the quote "I'm a failed poet" that Faulkner said...I don't think Faulkner is a failure. For those who don't know who Faulkner is...I encourage you to head to a library and read :)
          

In love with books,
                   ~Sayuri

No comments:

Post a Comment