The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Friday, November 04, 2011

Sad Realities --Sayuri--

So, here's the thing.

Sexual assault at all is wrong. Violent sexual assaults are inexcusable.

When alcohol is involved, both victim and perpetrator are victims.

Yet, alcohol doesn't excuse the crime.

But, I'm sad. Saddened by the fact someone, I don't know personally but know of and have heard about for sporting things, ruined his life. He can't return to school. Can't play the game he clearly loved. His whole life, this tag will follow him, and it saddens me that his future is ruined. His employment, future relationships, future educational opportunities are all jeopardized by the assault he committed. I am sad for him. I wish we could go back, and change what happened, both for victim and perpetrator. We can't. We must continue on, yet, it has opened my eyes to the possibility of feeling sorry for the person who creates victims. Batterers, rapists, sexual assault doers, all of these people make decisions that ruin their lives. I can't imagine living with that lingering over my every move.

I don't really know what else to say. Make wise choices. The decisions you make today, can decide your future. It's a scary reality that we all must acknowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment