The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Capone Conspiracy, as seen by Summer.

Let me tell you something about music camp.

You pay hundreds of dollars to sit indoors for days hunched over a music stand wishing your headache would go away.  Sure, it's usually in some beautiful location.  Sure, there's usually some renowned conductor or musician there.  But in the end, you end up with a sore hand, a lighter wallet, and an shorter summer break.  Why do people go to these things again and again?

I'll tell you!

It's a little thing I like to call the Capone Conspiracy.  It all started when Al Capone's illegitimate sons realized that, what with the increase of forensics technology, they could no longer use their father's methods of obtaining wealth.  Therefore, they had to come up with a new plan of action.  Suddenly, Bob (as his "brothers" called him, as they had no intention of learning his real name) had an idea: why not create a camp for music students that would take them for everything they were worth by promising them education and prestige? Wolfgang Amadeus, who had always resented his mother's not-so-subtle attempts to make him a musician, was all for an opportunity to screw over his musical competition.  Thus, the tradition of music camps was started.  It was such a wild success that the tradition was passed on from generation to generation of
Capones until finally, the rest of the music world wised up and started copying them.

And there you go.

Now, you may be wondering...  How is this a conspiracy? The answer is this: it starts with a C, and I like alliteration almost as much as Regette does.

When will people stop viewing music camp as a necessity for all wannabe musicians?

When barns fly.

Less than three,

~ Summer

p.s.  I wrote this before I read Regette's note about coffee, but as for my next post I have two words: challenge accepted.

p.p.s.  I feel I should commend my fellow writers, Sayuri and Regette, for the stellar pieces they have written.  They're helpful and insightful, and I found myself literally laughing out loud many times.  Love you two!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your correct usage of post script. :P

    ReplyDelete