The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Summer Pulls an All-Nighter

There is a spider on my bed.

At a young age I diagnosed myself with arachnophobia, not because I had a fit or fainted anytime I saw a spider, but simply because I didn't like them.

When I say I didn't like them, I mean in a scream-and-run-as-fast-as-possible kind of way...  You can imagine why no one wanted to share a room with me.

For some odd reason, I got better with age...  In fact, I've gotten to the point where I can almost look at a spider without spazzing out.  However, today was not a day for spiders...  Possibly because I had just watched "Indiana Jones" and felt like there were tarantulas crawling all over me.  So you can imagine my fright when I saw something crawl ominously quickly in my peripheral vision.

Did I mention the lights were off? Yeah.  It was almost completely dark.

So I stared, paralyzed, at my computer, trying to convince myself that "it's not a spider...  It's not a spider".  Mustering up all my courage, I turned my head a sharp two inches to the right.

What do I see?

A spider.

A big, fat, ugly spider crawling with all its might away from me.

Naturally, I used my ninja skills to scream and throw books on top of it.  The result? I have no idea.

There is a spider on my bed.

Goodbye, chances of sleep.  Goodbye.

Less than three,
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment