The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Thursday, March 31, 2011

So this is love....hmmm-mmm-mmm-mmm

Note: While reading this post, it is helpful for you to turn up your sound and follow the following link as it will explain the title: "So this is love" .

  Am I in love? I don't know.

 I think love is kind of like writing. I mean, consider it. Writing can be full of passion. It can be explosive, life-changing, something that kindles a fire in your soul. Writing can be boring or dull. It can make you look at it and ask "Why?". Why am I stuck in this particular spot? Why do I feel like it'd be more interesting to watch paint dry on my front lawn? How did I end up here? How do I get out? Writing can invoke any range of emotion. Writing can be real. Writing can be in your imagination. Writing can be anything you want it to be. Writing can show the world as it is, or how you wish it were. Writing knows that it has flaws, and embraces them anyway. It knows that although every page cannot bleed with new ideas and every book is not going to be the next bestseller, it still goes after what it wants with gusto. Writing is sincere. Writing can be mean. Writing can play tricks on the mind, the heart, the illusion of reality. Writing can make you feel content one minute and livid the next. The only way love is different from writing, is it's rather hard to give writing the "silent" treatment when you're angry at it.
  Love can take on any shape, any form, any quality you desire. You don't just love sometimes, you love all of the time, even when it seems difficult. To quote a song, "love can walk through fire without blinking", and it's true.
  I for sure am in like...but would I walk through fire for the person I like? Undoubtedly. Does that mean it's love? My answer is the same, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment