The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Monday, September 05, 2011

And it doesn't rain in the winter (well, like it does in the summer, at least)--a post by Reg

It is raining in the summer.
I suppose unless you are from a climate similar to that of the Central Coast of California, you won’t understand how strange this seems to me.
I’ve also been told it doesn’t rain  like this in the winter.
I know it should be unusual for me, but I rarely notice it. I don’t notice the differences. I don’t notice the oppressive humidity, the thunderstorms, the cicadas calling in the night, the rolling too-green hills or the red clay that sticks to my shoes as I walk. I can’t comprehend that my home is a very different place, far away.
Maybe too much air-travel as a child has screwed with my perception of distance. Perhaps it’s better I don’t feel the distance.
Your butterfly,
Reg
p.s. I miss you guys!

2 comments:

  1. wtf is dis supposed to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. i luv doughnuts buffalo wings sea food and Indian food

    ReplyDelete