The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Best and Worst: Clothing Edition

All the students are herded like cattle,

All the students are herded like cattle.

Most of them are high as an elephant's eye,

and they're all so ignorant, I feel I could die...

Oklahoma parodies for the win.

Have you ever walked around campus and thought "oh my... who let you out of the house wearing that?!" Well, it happens to me all the time. Because of this, I've constructed a new segment of the Daily Dust called "Best and Worst". This should keep me entertained for a while...

Best and Worst: Clothing Edition

Let's start with the worst, because that's more fun!

Worst:

- Bright yellow sweatsuit

That's right. A bright yellow sweatsuit. Bright yellow sweatpants with a matching sweatshirt. Plus, they were those really annoying ones from Victoria's Secret that say "pink" on the butt no matter what color they are. For some reason, that just bugs me. Someone has to break it to those poor sweatpants that they aren't pink, and it's not gonna be me. Anyways, I don't think Victoria's Secret ever intended the sweatshirt and sweatpants to be worn together! But alas... perhaps she thought dressing as a bee would help her understand photosynthesis.

- Brightly colored pants

The other day, I saw a girl wearing bright red pants and a guy wearing bright green pants. I think they should get married and name their twin daughters Holly and Ivy.

- Bright orange leg-warmers with flip-flops

No, you did not read that wrong. I legitimately saw some girl wearing this the other day. Don't get me wrong, I love leg-warmers! However, there's a time and place for everything... except bright orange leg-warmers. Those have neither a time nor place. and paired with flip-flops? I don't even know where to begin...

- Army boots without pants

This is a big problem. The other day in French the girl who sits next to me was wearing army boots with a dress. Umm... what? That makes absolutely no sense. Plus, they only went about half-way up her leg so it just looked really... awkward. When the teacher asked about them, she said "they're Doc Martens". Honey, I don't care WHAT they are. If you're not going to wear them with pants, don't wear them at all. The same goes for high-top shoes and uggs... come on, people. Use your brains.

- Tube tops with shorts

Bad idea. You may think you look hot, but to the rest of the world you look like you're trying WAY too hard. Especially when it was cold that morning.

Best:

- Blazers

I don't see many guys wearing blazers, but I saw a girl wear one the other day and it made me happy. Blazers are the best thing ever. I've always wanted one, so it's nice to know that they're not TOTALLY out of style.

- Sparkly TOMS

Okay, so these should technically be under "Worst", but... come on! Sparkly shoes?! It doesn't get much better than that. I saw a girl wearing some the other day and I kind of fell in love with them.

- Stripes

While the stripes fad is ending, I feel like there's definitely a lot of stripes still around. I love stripes on anything. I don't care if they make you look fat. I have more stripey sweaters and shirts than I'd care to admit, but what can I say? Stripes are awesome.

- Floral Dresses

Hooray! Flowers? Dresses? What could go wrong? Unless they're maxi dresses, that is. But assuming they AREN'T, I love floral dresses. They're so fun and cute and casual and girly... nothing could go wrong!

- NOT skinny jeans

Thank goodness. It seems as though regular pants are coming back in, which is a very good sign. Don't get me wrong... I myself participated in the skinny jean phenomenon. However, I really wish I hadn't. Skinny jeans are just a bad idea all the way around. That's why it's awesome that regular pants are coming back in! Yay!

B-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment