The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Conversations with my mother always leave me feeling a bit less than normal...

Me: How do you know that I'm me when you don't see me?
Madre: ... I just know.
Me: But how would you know? You only know I'm me when you see me. Without seeing me, how do you know I'm me?
Madre: Because I believe in the existence of things.
Me: I would still exist, I would just exist as something else. Perhaps I wouldn't exist, but there would be no less existence in the world because I would exist as something else.
Madre: ...

***

Me: Evil is the root of all good.
Madre: *laughs*
Me: Really. Without evil, there would be no good.
Madre: That's true... but I wouldn't say that evil is the root of all good.
Me: Why not?
Madre: BECAUSE IT ISN'T.
Me: ...

***

Me: I keep meeting friends of the family at work... it's really weird. It must be a sign. I must be dying or something.
Madre: Dying? Why?
Me: Whenever I see a bunch of people from my life or people related to my life, I feel like I must be dying soon. It's like my life is flashing before my eyes through people.
Madre: ...

***later that evening***

Me: What time do we leave tomorrow?
Madre: 7:00.
Me: Sorry, I know I've asked that before... I feel like if I keep asking, it's bound to get later.
Madre: Nope, we leave at 7:00. You and your dad are leaving at 7:00 on Tuesday, too.
Me: Holy moly! It must be a sign.
Madre: A sign that you need to start going to sleep earlier?
Me: No! Remember what I said about the people at work?
Madre: Yes...
Me: I think the signs mean that if I don't start waking up by 7:00 and doing something during the day, I'll die without having lived a fulfilling life.
Madre: ... I don't think the two are necessarily connected...
Me: No, no! When you watch "Murder She Wrote", you learn that everything's connected! Building burning down? Murder that looks like an accident? Crazy letters flooding the town? Murder that looks like a suicide? ALL CONNECTED. Therefore, the two signs are DEFINITELY connected!
Madre: ... okay...

***

The sad thing is that all these conversations happened today...

Sometimes I question my sanity.

Then I realize that sanity is based on cultural perception.

Then I get bored of questioning sanity and watch "Murder She Wrote".

"Murder She Wrote" makes me question my sanity.

It's a vicious, vicious cycle...

Less than three,

~ Summer

1 comment:

  1. That, my dear, was a mind eff. And it was a wonderful one, at that.

    Love!
    REG

    ReplyDelete