The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Summer's Spaghetti

Hello, folks!

My room is full of bugs...

It's times like these I wish pokemon were real so that I could catch them and raise them into badass creatures that could fly me around the country. But alas...

The only thing left to do now is complete number eleven of the list!

11. Write a Top X list. For example, "top 50 ways to get blog traffic" or "top 12 hip hop dance moves".

Okie dokie!



Top 5 Recipes for the Microwave

1. Pancakes
I use a plate with a pancake-sized indent in the center to cook my pancake batter in, but I realize not everyone has plates like this... perhaps a paper bowl would suffice! Just pour the pancake batter into your plate/bowl and cook in the microwave for 1 minute. After checking it, microwave for another minute if need be. Eat.

2. Breakfast Burritos
Beat two eggs and a splash of milk in a paper bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir in 1 large glob of salsa and a generous sprinkling of cheese. Microwave for another minute. On a large plate, microwave a plain tortilla for 25 seconds or until warm. Fill with egg mixture. Eat.

3. Spaghetti

Pour an appropriate-looking amount of pasta into a large microwavable dish-thing. Fill dish halfway with water. Microwave until noodles are soft but not completely cooked. Drain water. Add however many cans of tomato sauce you want and desired seasonings (if you wish to add meat, microwave meat separately until completely cooked). Add meat (if you so choose). Microwave until spaghetti sauce boils and the noodles are completely cooked. Eat.

4. Brownies

In a medium-sized bowl or large measuring cup, mix 1/4 cup softened butter with 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Beat in 1 egg. Add 3 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in 1/4 cup flour. Pour into a paper bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Check brownie before microwaving for a second minute (I suggest placing the bowl on a plate as the brownie tends to boil over the bowl, leaving a big mess in your microwave). Eat.

and finally, my personal favorite...

5. Bowl of Epic Deliciousness

I don't expect any of you to actually like this (especially Reg who refuses to combine rice and cheese), but I'm posting it anyway because I eat it almost every night. All you do is microwave half a bowl of cooked rice covered in a generous sprinkling of grated cheese for 1 minute. Stir rice until it and the cheese are totally combined. Add a more-than-generous amount of hot sauce and stir in (I usually add enough hot sauce to turn the rice red). Eat.

I know these might sound gross, but when your only cooking device is a microwave you have to get creative. Also, there's almost never any food in the house besides salad and the aforementioned ingredients... oh, and tuna. I have canned tuna...

I'm hoping my mad microwave skills come in handy some day...

If nothing else, they've allowed me to fulfill another task on the list!

Less than three,

~ Summer

p.s. What do YOU cook in the microwave? Let us know in the comments or on our facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment