The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Friday, July 01, 2011

Have You Ever Felt....A Post for the Readers of Classic Literature by Sayuri

Have you ever had a moment where you swear you weren't in "today"? Like, who cares that there is a giant big screen television off in the background, black and making no noise, I am obviously living in the 19th or early 20th century, Duh. Yeah, I had one of those moments yesterday...and today come to think of it. I blame Reg and this is why.
        There I sat on the sofa (or Davenport as people here refer to sofas), reading a wonderful classic (recommended on our book list by the way) Wuthering Heights. As I was reading the aforementioned novel, comfortably situated with no modern technology (per se) on around me, I was hit by the strange old-worldness of the moment. There I was, reading by the light of the sun with Tom attending his gun and his mother quietly cooking away in the background. Looking around, it honestly felt surreal. Just like tonight. We're under a severe thunder storm warning/watch and we went out to take pictures. Driving by the front window you see his dad disassembling a gun, and his mother in the kitchen. It looked like a Norman Rockwell painting. Amazing. Surreal.
         Why do I blame Reg, you ask? Because she is the only one who will debate Wuthering Heights with me, and she will appreciate my Norman Rockwell reference more than your average joe or jane. I blame Reg because she will challenge my understanding and sympathy with the man Heathcliff is.

               From the nineteeth/early twentieth century,
                                       ~Sayuri~

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to believe Cathy and Heathcliff completely deserve eachother. She's such a b*tch.

    I think Nelly should be the main character and Wuthering heights should be a pretty story about her marrying a Linton.

    Wait. Nope. I totally don't think that. That's way too happy. I like the angsty mean people better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live in the nineteenth/early twentieth century with you! ^_^ We could stitch and gossip about the other town ladies!

    ReplyDelete