The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, July 03, 2011

A monumental accusation...well, perhaps not, but Reg will address it anyway

I have been told that I think like a man.

Now, I’m not sure if the boy meant to compliment me or insult me. In hindsight I probably should have responded: “Well, you think like a woman.”
It makes me ponder though—do I think like a man?

Perhaps an example is in order.
My brother and I were walking down the board walk in Santa Cruz aimlessly when he said, “Hot damn!” with no explanation.
I replied, “The girl in the Zebra print bikini at the snow cone booth.”
He asked, “…you noticed…too…?”
“She was hot,” I answered nonchalantly. And after that my brother thought I was the coolest person in the entire world.

I don’t think being able to appreciate other pretty people makes me think like a man, but my accuser has more evidence on me than this.
 It doesn’t help that the last time he texted me, I was drinking a beer, eating Doritos, and watching Top Gear.
I think his accusation may be false because he has stereotyped how I think based on how I acted in his company. I also wear miniskirts and 4 inch heels -- it is more dramatic when I step out of my lifted Jeep Wrangler.
Your butterfly,
Regette

1 comment: