The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Withhold the lovin'--Never take advice from Reg

In 18 years (minus 6 days) I have not the experience to offer advice on anything ( well, perhaps I could offer limited advice on choral music and banking. )

It'd be wise to never take my advice without a second opinion from an experienced person.

My most infamous piece of advice: "Withhold the lovin'!"


I offered this piece of advice to Sayuri when dealing with the noncommittal but affectionate Tom. She, wisely, did not heed my advice. Unfortunately, I have trouble convincing myself that this advice was wrong.

In application it is very simple. Hypothetically, a boy holds your hand, hugs you, you sit on his lap, there is some dancing around romantically in a cornfield (and other things) but he won't commit to anything more than 'friends.' Thus, the theory of "Withhold the lovin'" is to not let him take advantage of your obvious attraction toward him --therefor giving him all the affection of a relationship without actually being in a relationship-- by not acting as if you are in love with him.

 I see my logic in thinking this, but why is it so difficult to follow my own advice?

Silly, silly me.

Your butterfly,
Regette

1 comment:

  1. it was good, sound, theoretical advice Reg. And I TRIED...I just fail epically <3
    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete