The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Dear God,

Dear God,
There is a lot going on in the world that could use your attention, and I know I am just a small piece of the larger family that you care for. Yet, I'm sending this prayer up to you in hopes that, although you already know what I am going to say, I can express to you the thoughts on my mind. I'm frightened. I want things to work out so badly, and it scares me that they may not. I ask that you protect my family. I pray that you strengthen and grow my relationship. I ask that you care for the sick and heal the wounded. That you keep your ever watchful eye on our troops both at home and abroad. Please grant me patience and understanding. Fill me with your calm and loving spirit. I have a lot to learn, I know. At times it seems like all I do is mess up, but I know every mistake I make offers the potential to learn. Help me embrace these lessons. There was a movie I saw once that said sometimes we hang on to the things that You yourself are trying to take away. I know I hang onto a lot in life, but You know there is one thing in particular that I love very much these days. I pray that you look after him. Keep him safe and whole. Guide him in the light and grant him peace of mind, and rest. Daily life gets to us sometimes but I know by keeping you and your unfailing love at the center of our relationship, we can make it through anything. I have faith in us. I really do. At vacation bible school today, they asked the kids what they would ask You if they could ask anything....so many things could be asked...I'm not sure if I would want to see my future, but I think I'd like to know if it turns out how I see it in my head. I'm willing to compromise. I'm willing to sacrifice. I want to be the best person I can be, not only to display your light but also for him. Please help me. Please grant us strength, compassion, honesty, communication, forgiveness, and trust. Love comes easily but it needs to be nurtured. Please, allow your compassion to rain down and intertwine our roots, allowing them to be cemented in faith, love, and the peace that surpasses all understanding.

            In Your Son's name I pray,
                         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment