The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer's Perfect Pant

I had a bit of a sad conversation with my driving instructor today...

Him: Have you always been in this school district?
Me: Technically I suppose, seeing as how I was home schooled until high school.
Him: Really? What's it like to be home schooled? I always imagined it as staying isolated and hardly ever leaving the house.
Me: Yeah, I get that a lot. No, I was involved in a lot of programs and spent a lot of time with my friends.
Him: Oh, that's good. Do you get negatively stereotyped when you tell kids you were home schooled?
Me: Well, I try not to tell anybody...
Him: Oh, I see. What would you say is the most positive thing about going to public school?
Me: ... umm... the most positive thing? Huh, I know there's a reason I go there...

This got me thinking.

My school hardly ever has more than one attractive guy at a time, and he's always taken.

My school is small, so by sitting quietly in the back not talking to anyone I'm not disappearing into the crowd... I'm making myself appear to be a loner freak.

My school has bad draining, so it floods in the winter.

My school has a Harry Potter club, surf club, and international club (besides the fact that we have no diversity whatsoever).

My school is full of white, privileged kids who's parent buy them a car on their birthday and pay for their college while kids like me serve them their lattes.

Honestly, the only reason I still go there is to be with my friends (which completely makes up for all the negative points above).

This brings me to the next number on the list.

17. Ask your audience a question. What do they think about Topic X?

My question is...

If your best friend became the leader of the most powerful gang and you didn't know until you read it in the papers, what would you do?

Less than three,

~ Summer

p.s. Personally, I'd be pissed that they didn't tell me themselves. I mean really, is it that hard to make a phone call? Even a text saying "im gang leeder nao lulz" would suffice...

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm..............

    Summer..............

    I have something to tell you.

    Well, you see, it all started with my roommate. He used to be the supervisor for a construction company, and he happened to be responsible for this one guy who was on work release from prison.

    Anyway...I'm now officially known as "bullet."
    I also have a tattoo on my back which symbolically depicts how many men I've killed.

    ReplyDelete