The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Summer's Sass

I love my job. I love my customers. But sometimes, things can get a little awkward...

Me: How's your day going so far?
Customer: Hahahahahahahaha!
Me: O...kay...

Seriously. How is a person supposed to respond to that?! Honestly, people...

In any case, school started for me a few days ago. That's right, my senior year has begun! Thinking back to my first years of awkward confusion, I couldn't be happier to finally be in the class that is thought to be "cool". Seriously. It is SO nice to be able to look down on my French 1 classmates without knowing they were my peers. However, I know that there are some perfectly nice underclassmen who are genuinely confused about how to ,get through this hell school. For these students, I have come up with three fool-proof ways to survive.

1. Be Tactless

If something comes to mind, say it. Scratch that; YELL it. Yelling random phrases will get people to notice you and, by default, like you. That's right. In high school, we praise the kids who say the stupidest things at the worst times. It's awesome.

2. Be Rude

Sass the teacher. Sass your classmates. Sarcasm is your best friend. Haven't you heard? Being rude is funny.

and finally, my personal favorite...

3. Be Quiet

If someone asks a question, just assume they're not talking to you. Ignore them until they say your name. If they have to work to talk to you, then they'll probably stop trying. While this won't get you any friends, it will also save you from talking to any overtly tactless or rude people. Trust me. This option will save your life.

There you are, folks.

Now all you entering freshmen can walk around campus with confidence, knowing that you can handle the next four years of hell school (also known as "high school").

Trust me...

It'll be bombastic.

Less than three,

~ Summer

1 comment:

  1. Being quiet was what helped me survive four years of hell...I mean highschool...

    I usually equate hell to Arkansas, but I'll make an exception here

    ReplyDelete