The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer's Card

A common thought process among customers: "Hmm... the lights are off, the 'open' sign is off, the door is locked, the 'hours' sign clearly implies that I arrived after closing, and the employee is putting everything away. I'd better tap on the door and look annoyedly at the girl to see if they're still open."

Yeah.

I bet they were really popular in high school.

Speaking of high school, my final year of said torture begins in about a week.

Can I get a "hooray"?

No?

That's okay, I'll say it myself.

Hooray!

Now, you may be wondering "Summer, you hate public school more than Roger Chillingworth hates Arthur Dimmesdale. Why on earth are you excited for it to start?"

Well, fool, I can answer that question with one word: revenge.



Ever since freshman year, I've seen seniors be treated different than the other classes; by different, I mean better.

It seemed that if an underclassman made a stupid comment in class it was stupid, but if a senior made a stupid comment it was hilarious.

Similarly, if an underclassman sat quietly in the back of the class they were labeled a loner, but if a senior sat quietly in the back of the class they were considered cool and mysterious.

This treatment of seniors has never ceased to amaze me.

This is why I'm looking forward to my senior year.

See, I have a plan.

I want to see how much stupid shit I can get away with while maintaining the respect of the younger crowd.

That's right, folks. For this year and this year only, I am unleashing the most condescending card in my deck: sarcasm.

For three years, I've silently withstood all the stupidity and blonde behaviour my schoolmates could dish out. To my memory, I've only ever been harshly sarcastic to one student and he didn't even have the presence of mind to notice. Well, no more! This year is my year. I'm gonna push the limits of individuality within a school setting and see how much of it will be excused due to my seniority. I tell you, it's gonna be a riot.

Best believe that the underclassmen will be getting a real culture shock on what is considered "cool".

Less than three,

~ Summer

p.s. No, wearing leggings as pants is not "cool". It makes you look like a five-year-old who doesn't know how to dress themselves. This also applies to the use of pastel-colored cowboy boots. Seriously. Unless you want your 25-year-old self to cringe at pictures of your high school self, don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment