The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer's Reality

I live neither here nor there, but I am not homeless. My home lies within the comfort of my own mind and the comfort of my friends and family. Therefore, I am always home.

---

I started to write a post but it was taking too long, so I'll leave you with a bit of a conversation with my madre prompted by the fact that I'll be spending 5 straight hours with my father tomorrow.

Madre: Well, he'll love spending time with you.

Me: I hope so! I'm not a very interesting person.

Madre: You are when you want to be. You have interesting points of view.

Me: ... should I give him an existentialist lecture?

Madre: Sure, but he'll argue with you. He believes A is A. He believes in the realities of things.

Me: I can believe in reality. Existentialism isn't only about questioning reality. Well, I guess it is to some people... Existentialism can't be truly defined. Well, I guess nothing can be truly defined.

Madre: *laughs* Yes it can... There! That's exactly what he'll argue with you about!

---

You know, any time I say something like "nothing can be truly defined" she just laughs as if I'm saying "apples are pears when we're not looking."

Then again...

How would we know they aren't?

Less than three,

~ Summer

p.s. I know apples don't randomly change form when we're not looking. It's just fun to think about!

2 comments:

  1. Well, we all know that I don't exsist when you can't see me; I am a creation of your imagination.

    But I'm still pretty cool, so thanks for dreaming me up, Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious. I love your writing style.
    And you never know about those apples... They're always up to SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete