The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Monday, May 23, 2011

Anywhere, yet here: a post by a slightly down Sayuri

I could be anywhere. I could be in Paris, at the Louvre, looking into the visions of the great masters; the works of Michelangelo, Raphael, Da Vinci, Artemesia, Bosch, Rembrandt, and so many more. I could be in Rome, sitting in the Colosseum, imagining the gladiator battles of long ago. I could be in Ireland, roaming the green rolling hills, exploring the castles, listening to the stories of a culture I can claim as my own. I could be in the Amazonian Rain Forest, exploring the unknown, and getting exceptionally freaked out by the large, chicken-eating spiders. I could be in Canada, exploring the French Quarter, reveling the the French roots I also lay claim to. I could be in Mexico, teaching in the villages, spreading the message of the Lord. I could be in Africa, working with Mercy Ships to bring comfort and health to those who need it. I could be scuba-diving and looking at the great barrier reef in Australia, or mountain climbing in New Zealand. I could be learning Chinese in China as I look upon the Great Wall or help with earthquake relief in Japan. I could take the train on the seven day trip across Russia and see the Ural Mountains. I could visit Taiwan, and Vietnam. I could visit my friend in Norway, sing in a pub in England, declare myself a neutral traveler in Switzerland, or learn from the Matadors in Spain. I could help with Tornado relief in the midwest or the east. I could do all of these things, and yet, here I am. Stuck on my couch, sicker than I care to be, with the dreams of going to all of these places dancing around my head.

          Until I'm Well Again,
                           ~Sayuri~

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are sick dearie. I enjoyed your subtle place references though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so depressing! :( Get better SOON~!

    ReplyDelete