The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Monday, May 02, 2011

Summer's Equation

The other day while pretending to do my math classwork, a disturbingly math-related question popped into my head: if two negatives make a positive and you definitely have more than 1 square foot of negativity in your life, does this mean you need exactly 2 square feet of negativity in order to achieve positivity or merely an even number of negative ft^2? Once you have managed to obtain this elusive positivity, do you get showered by colorful diamonds or are you merely rewarded with the music that plays after you've caught a pokemon?

Clearly I have a problem.

So anyways, to avoid using a complicated math equation to find out exactly how much negativity I have, I decided to simplify things by merely reducing all the negativity in my life.  By reducing I mean cutting out.  And by cutting out I mean ripping to shreds.  And by ripping to shreds I mean...  Letting down easy.  I mean come on, no one needs to get hurt...

Step 1: Change the name of my string trio.

As much as I love having the name of my string trio be a not-so-subtle swipe at my apparent lack of "passion", I think it's time for a change.  Therefore, on the official facebook page I requested that the name be changed to "The Mildly Awesome Ninjas Who Like Sandwiches"...  They have yet to get back to me.

Step 2: Get people to leave me alone in choir.

Now I know what you're all thinking, but let me assure you: I am well aware that murder is not only illegal but also very difficult to cover up.  That's why I've decided to give them what they think they want: enthusiasm.  Now, as much as I would love to exhibit enthusiasm by running into the room and yelling "I'M FRENCH, B*TCH! MAKE ME A SOUFFLE!" I don't think that that's the kind of enthusiasm they want...  Nor would it influence anyone barring John Muir to leave me alone.  Shame, really.

Step 3: Do a duet with Rick Astley.

Hey, I never said they were good ideas...

So there you have it...  Just a few steps towards seeing why people are so obsessed with positive thinking.

Now I invite you to do the same!

And by all means, feel privelidged...  I don't invite just anyone, you know.

Less than three,

~ Summer

2 comments:

  1. I reward you with pokemon music for your epicness in mocking fake luis at the end of that one song.

    Who is Rick Astley?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Why thank you ;)

    Rick Astley is... Well, why don't you see for yourself?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

    ~ Summer

    ReplyDelete