The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Monday, May 09, 2011

Tall, considerably older, well-dressed men--Regette's "true love," besides money

I devoted a post to short boys in fedoras, so I figured I might dedicate a post to the converse; tall, considerably older, well-dressed men . (Which in case you haven't read my previous post, Short men in fedoras:Reg::Reg:tall, considerably older, well-dressed men[If you don't understand what that means, you should google analogies])

I think everybody has a "type." For instance, Summer likes b.a.m.f. musician rebel boys. Honey prefers blond, all-American football players that drive trucks. Cinnamon loves her surfer/indie boys. And poor Sayuri likes Carmers (cowboys/farmers).

How often do we ensnare one of these ideals? Apparently, one out of every five girls...(there are five of us listed in this post, if you catch what I'm throwin' down) (cough*Sayuri*cough)

So what are we left with? 4/5 girls that reject slightly imperfect specimens until they must settle inevitably for either a creepy boy in a fedora or a household of cats?

Of course I'm hoping not, but like Honey, I've often wondered "Why is she with him?" and I think this may be a plausible explanation.

All I'm certain of is that every time we settle into the party booth at our favorite restaurant, Jacob Henesey, Donovan Young, Corey True and a nameless surfer do not magically appear when we chant, "like a good neighbor, state farm is there, with men!"

However, that does not mean we won't stop trying, because there still is that 1/5 (even if she's an exception and not the rule) that magically finds what she wants.

Or maybe, somewhere along the way, someone finds us and we figure out that that is what we want.

Thanks a lot for the stupid hope, Sayuri.

Your ungracious butterfly,
Regette H.

1 comment:

  1. Reg, I laughed SO much as I read your post. Just wait for college, I'm sure in NC you can find an older gentleman with an intriguing accent <3 just check the foreign exchange student dorms :p Te quiero my girl
    Love from, Me.

    ReplyDelete