The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reg is just a scared small-town girl

I'm going to be serious, and I'm sorry...

I'm a small-town girl, born and raised, and I'm going to graduate in 2 weeks.



small town



Photo courtesy of a google search and does not belong to me. It does, however, belong to this guy
I am scared, justifiably so, I believe.

Sometime around August 22 I'm going to be in the largest city in North Carolina. Which is only 2, 542 miles away from where I currently am.

WTF...

I don't know anyone in North Carolina. I have no relatives in North Carolina. I am leaving family, and friends as dear to me as life itself, to go away for four years and get an over-priced education.

Why?

I'm not sure if this makes any sense at all, but here is my reasoning, as illogical as it may be: I am scared to leave, but I am more scared to stay. Nothing is more terrifying to me than being born, living, getting married, dying--all in the same town of 3,000 people.

Life is extraordinary, and I plan to experience as much of it as I can.

Your butterfly,
Regette

ps. But no distance will ever get in the way of my friendship to Sayuri, Summer, Cinnamon, and my darling Honey. (I love you guys all equal but different :P)

1 comment:

  1. You are the most capable person in the world, and I have no doubt that you will love this coming change more than you've loved any previous experience. I love you, and I know North Carolina will too.

    ReplyDelete