The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Who cares about May?

I've wrote a post on why April is better than March, and Summer has retaliated with a post of her own on April's faults, but as long as we are debating spring months, the question still begs to be asked; "What about May."

That's just it. What about the month of May?

May is the final month of school that races by inexplicably, leaving me dumped into the heat of June with only my hazy memories of sunny afternoons and the nostalgic smell of a world in bloom.

I would argue that out of all of the months, May is the one I remember least.

Here is a short list of all I remember of a lifetime of Mays:

AP Tests
A mediocre prom (which is better than most dances, actually, because dances in general suck)
I think I went to a wedding once
Choir stuff
A coffee date with Sayuri
Branding cattle
Making mom chili peppers and cereal for Mother's day brunch

That's it. All of May. Whoop-de-friggen-do. I can only pray the 100 degree days of a summer will be here soon.

Anyone want to argue me on that one? I'll come at you like a spider monkey cause I'm all hyped up on mountain dew.

Well, coffee actually. Still it's caffeine.

Your butterfly,
Regette

No comments:

Post a Comment