The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thunder, Lightening, and rain: a post by Sayuri

Today, is a beautiful day. Click me! This (the link) is what was going on outside my room (more or less) at three o'clock this morning. While I do love the good storm, this one caught me off guard as it had been 90 and sunny all day here & it was exceptionally loud...it even woke up my deep-sleeping roommate! Just a small plug for random Midwest weather patterns.

 In other news, finals week is quickly approaching and in approximately a week's time I will be heading back to the non-humid heat and my girls Reg & Summer. While I'll be terribly sad to leave behind the family & friends I've got here, the idea of spending time with Summer & Reg puts life into perspective. We'll go to our favorite haunt, make random runs across town ("All the way to the other side of town?" -Reg "It's only like ten minutes." -me) at eleven o'clock at night, kidnap Summer from her home and watch classic & modern movies because we can. Take political quizzes and use zucchini to explain free market economy, pretend to be senators having a debate or other such fun things. It will be an amazing summer and it's all because I'll be returning home to my family & my girls Reg & Summer.

In case y'all haven't figured it out, Reg & Summer are epically cool on a whole different level. They are smart, witty, beautiful, and slightly sarcastic =)  They are the only people I know who would appreciate that for my creative project in Lit I put my two characters (Giorgiana from Hawthorne's The Birthmark and Zora Neale Hurston author of poem "How it Feels to be Colored Me") and set them up discussing the concept of individualism in the cafe from Orwell's 1984. Yep, they're just that groovy.

         With love for my girls,
                              ~Sayuri~

1 comment:

  1. It is a far drive...to people that don't drive obscenely far every fricken' day. :P

    Can't wait to see you, dearie. Maybe this summer we will find those elusive grunion? That sounds like a life-goal.

    -Reg-

    ReplyDelete