The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A letter to the California Weather, from Reg

Dear California Weather,

WTF? Don't you understand that the way you are acting is unacceptable? It was raining all last week (when your average precipitation for that the entire month of May for the last hundred years has been <.5 inch), and just when I think it is about to be lovely and warm, you get all windy-cold-cloudy again. This is not the sort of weather I can get a decent tan in, and bikini season is right around the corner!

It wouldn't be a problem, but you made regular, warm Mediterranean summers your "thing." Do you suppose that you can just go changing on me, when I loved you just the way you were, due to some mid-life crisis or something? Is this what you call "being faithful?"

I wanted you, Weather, to know exactly how I felt. I have to deal with you the rest of my life, and know what you did to me the summer of my senior year. So please, please, get back to some traditional California sunshine, because I don't know if I can handle your noncommittal, wishy-washy nonsense.

I'm sure North Carolina wouldn't be so fickle.

(That, dearest Weather, was a burn)

With love and trepidation, always your butterfly, etc, etc,

Regette

1 comment:

  1. You have officially put California weather in a box... I think California is trying to tell you "you can't stereotype me, foo'! I'm gonna mess you ALL up... Put that in yo soda 'n sip it!" :P

    ReplyDelete