The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Summer's Night

Tonight, the Youth Symphony that I am shamefully a part of had to play a piece with the adult symphony.  That's all fine and dandy, I suppose, but after we played our piece there was an intermission followed by the adult symphony's performance of Beethoven's 9th.  Have you ever heard Beethoven's 9th? It's hours long! Most Youth Symphony kids left after intermission, but not all of us were that lucky.  My ride home was sitting in the audience, meaning I had to wait until the end of the entire concert to leave.  Luckily, I wasn't the only one...  Backstage I formally met two girls who I'd never spoken to before who were similarly stranded.  Together, we set out to entertain ourselves for the remainder of the concert.  Wanna know how? I've listed below! Normally I would compile into a paragraph, but I am too damn tired.

We drank the crappy half-caf coffee set out for the symphony, but then the stage crew took it away.

We tried to go onto the roof, but the door was locked.

We waited outside the room where the choir was practicing, hoping one of the cute choir boys would walk out.  Sadly, the only people who came out were old people or girls.

We ate someone's chocolate kisses that they were foolish enough to leave out in the open...  Fools.

We tried to hit on two random guys who legitimately had no business being there, but they were boring and awkward.

We went outside and prank called random people, but that got old after a while.

We tried to crash a college party, but they literally shut the door in our faces.  Literally!

We tried to just chill backstage but a crabby old choir lady told us to be quiet...  Rudely, I might add.  Crab-faced old crone...

We tried to chill outside again, but that got boring really fast.  Plus, some creepy man wearing an amount of leather envied by Adam Lambert appeared out of nowhere and started smoking.

We went back inside (the choir, old ladies and all, was thankfully onstage) and played ultimate frisbie in the hall with some kids hat.

And that's...  Just about it.

Jealous? I didn't think so.

Less than three,

~ Summer

2 comments:

  1. Were the boys you hit on goodlooking? details, dear, details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, I wouldn't say so... One was tolerable, but definitely not worth it.

    ReplyDelete