The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Summer's Lesson

This ended up being longer than I expected, so I'm gonna try to add a fancy break or whatever...  Leave a comment telling me about your day or something!


Do you remember the last time your heart literally fluttered just by hearing someone’s name?
The last time your tongue was tied so badly that you couldn’t remember how to say “yes”?
When that one person’s hand accidentally brushed against yours and it put you out of your mind for weeks?
Do you remember the last time you imagined your first date with that person, listed all the reasons you were perfect for each other, and stood for hours in front of your closet trying to figure out what they would like you best in?
Remember those times.
Now…
Remember the last time your heart fluttered after hearing that person’s name only to hear it in context with “started going out with”…  Remember when the name of the person they started going out with wasn’t yours?
Remember when your tongue was tied so badly that you couldn’t speak and the devastatingly attractive, sweet and seemingly perfect person next to you answered eloquently, shifting all attention from you to them?
When that one person’s hand accidentally brushed against yours while on its way to holding another’s? Remember being put out of your mind for a year?
Do you remember hearing about that person’s first date with another, hearing all the reasons they were perfect for each other, and standing in front of your closet wondering if there’s a point to getting dressed and leaving the house?
Remember those times.
Were they worth it?
Remember that person.
 Were they worth it?
I don’t have to know the situation to know that they weren’t.  Nobody is.  The thing is, you’re alone in this world and always will be.  No matter who you share your time with, you will always be alone in your self and mind.  Who has the right to make you question yourself? You.  Who has the right to put you out of your mind? You.  To feel miserable about losing someone or simply not having them the way you want to, you have to convince yourself that there’s something to be miserable about.  Therefore, when we’re “broken hearted” it’s not that person who broke our heart but rather ourselves.  If we control our mind and our selves, why do we make ourselves miserable by moping about who or what we don’t have? If that person chose someone else over you, then you obviously weren’t right for each other.  It’s a cold, hard fact…  nothing to sob about.  So the next time you FREAK OUT over unrequited love, remind yourself how shallow you’re being and stop wasting precious hours of your life.  Looking back on all the hours I’ve wasted moping about some guy, I wish I had used that time for something more productive, like drinking coffee.  Don’t make the same mistake I did!
Less than three,
~ Summer

3 comments:

  1. ha. You know as well as I that rat bastards are never worth it, yet they seems to be my weakness. Coffee is always better.

    Coffee=happiness/love

    Nice use of jump-break by the way. Beautiful-ness

    I feel like you know how my day is since you saw me this morning. haha. I just ate a cinnamon roll (not cinnamon, that'd be cannabalism, which is frowned upon in most civilizations) and am chillin' on my couch all sick-like. I'm also watching a documentary on underwater topography.

    Woohoo! Underwater Topography! So exciting!

    That's how I roll, dearie.

    --Reg--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer!!!! Slightly depressing my dear...I agree on the coffee thing though =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The evil blogger ghost erased my comment o' epicness. I am not happy. But I appreciate your post, for all it's seriousness. I suppose what I said about my day was not necessary, because you were there...:D

    --reg--

    ReplyDelete