The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer's Explanations

So, today the power was out at my school.

For some reason, our school is totally incapable of running without electricity.  Therefore, school was cancelled.  I found this quite ironic...  the one thing that's supposed to be enhancing our education has now inhibited it.  Thank you, school, for relying so heavily on technology.

Anyways, so while at first I was totally jazzed about the absence of school (I may have run through the streets pulling an Alice Cooper), after a good think I came to the conclusion that the power outage was weird.  After another good think, I decided it was weird because the power was out at ONLY my school...  Not at any of the surrounding houses, not at any of the surrounding stores, not even at the nearby traffic lights.  Nope.  My school ONLY.  Therefore, after yet another think, I came up with two possible explanations for the power outage.




1. Money.

What with the recession and all, my school district and the districts surrounding it have been conducting a series of ploys to rob the state for their own gain.  The most recent ploy was that of an "optional Saturday school" in which the school offers extra credit and a fun day to all students who voluntarily come to school on Saturday.  They do this so that they will receive money from the state for all the students that attended.  The funny thing (to me anyway) is that they're publcising this event rather than trying to keep it on the down low.  The even funnier thing is that the public is supporting it! To me, this seems really dumb...  If you found a way to get money from the state without it being something that the state is supposed to fund, wouldn't you want the state to NOT find out about that? Idiots...  Anyways, I think the school finally realised that they were spending about the same amount of money to run the school on Saturdays as they were receiving for attendance.  Therefore, I think the school decided to NOT turn on the power so that they could save money while requiring the students to sign in so that they received money for attendance.  It makes perfect sense when you really think about it...  After all, staff has to arrive a good few hours before the students, not to mention the fact that we have zero period.  Obviously people knew about this power outage.  Why didn't they call a technician? Why didn't they get some sort of alternate power source (since apparently teaching is impossible without power)? Why didn't they call the students until 8:15, thus ensuring that we would show up and sign into attendance? Brilliant plan, school...  Brilliant plan.

2. Murder.

This is obviously the most likely explanation.  Naturally, some guy wanted to kill another guy and make it look like some other guy's fault.  So, he electrecuted man 2, deposited man 2 wherever the school gets its power, and purposefully made it look like the murderer had tried to make it look like an accident.  Man 1 would leave enough evidence to cast suspicion on man 3, thus resulting in man 1's satisfaction and man 3's arrest.  The reason the power was out was because when man 1 was setting the scene of the crime up to look like man 3 had tried to make it look like man 2 had accidently screwed the electrical system and killed himself in the process.  Therefore, man 2 would be quickly discovered by people trying to find the source of the power outage.  This is also a brilliant plan, but I'm onto him...  Ooooh, I'm onto him.

A lot of people think that the power outage was an elaborate senior prank, but I don't think the senior class is smart enough for that...  No offense, Reg.  You totally could have done it if you'd tried...  Or did you?!

In any case, the suspicious power outage allowed me to catch up on some much needed sleep, so thank you kniving school/man 1/Reg!

Less than three,

~ Summer

p.s.  Apparently Reg is on strike...  However, until she recreates this scene, I refuse to take said strike seriously.

2 comments:

  1. I believe an obvious third & fourth option should be included here although number two is OBVIOUSLY the most likely...what about:
    3) magic OR
    4) extraterrestrials?

    It's possible!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL glad you caught up on sleep Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my goodness, YES! Or a combo of both... or of all! Murdering, magical extraterrestrials who need money to shop LV. xD I like it... I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete