The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Regette's Anti-Drug

First off, I'm sorry I stole Summer's title, and my post isn't (unfortunately) about coffee. I hope they both can forgive me.

My strange weekend began on Friday with a lesson in Existentialism. I hate existentialism. I like to think that everything, everyone, every moment has a purpose--and that is why I don't kill my dog when she eats my $100 calculator. Well, Summer and I discussed this, and then parted ways for class. We returned to lunch, and it became one of those off days.

One of those days when in choir no one is paying attention but Summer and she ends up the only one singing. Which she immediately responds to by following up her inpromptu solo with an audible, "What the hell was that?"

 I've sent her about 7 texts since Friday and had no response. I guess I'm having Summer withdrawals or something because after that, everything was just not quite right.

So I compiled a list of all the bizarre, weird, and insane things I do when not in the company of Sayuri or Summer, because they are my anti-drug.



5) Smoked a "joint" made of cherry cool-aide

My step-brother's brilliant idea really. We were sitting on the floor in my room, watching MTV, and he's just sipping some cherry cool-aide. Then he says, "What if we made a joint out of cherry cool-aide? I wonder if you can get sugar high!" and I responded, "Let's fricken' do this shiz!" and we rolled a joint of printer paper and cherry cool-aide and smoked it in the dry river bed near our house.

It doesn't do anything by the way. Except taste and smell like artificial cherry.

4)Snorted a line of crushed altoids

Someone at lunch time thought it would be amusing to snort altoids, so I volunteered, because I'm an idiot when I'm bored.

It hurt and I could only smell mint the rest of the day.

3)Jumped my bike off a ramp I placed on the back porch

Again, my step-brother was over. he had brought my bike because I wanted it at my Dad's house. Well, it was a Sunday afternoon and no one was home so what else would we do?

I fell, scraping and bruising my legs pretty bad. It could have been much worse though.


2) Lit nail polish remover on fire

I had some friends over at my place on the last day of school and the bottle said, "caution, extremly flammable." So we poured some into a shot glass and lit it on fire. Then we roasted mushrooms over the flame.

We broke the shot glass and the mushrooms tasted funny.

1) Pierced own ear with a thumb tack

This was on my bucket list, so it almost shouldn't count. It happened to be something stupid and reckless I did without Summer and Sayuri though, therefore I included it. It took a needle, a thumb tack, two ice cubes, a rolled up sock, a shot glass of rubbing alcohol, and about an hour.

I realized my folly when I had a game the next day and the rules are you can't have any piercings. I took it out and let it heal, which took an extraordinarily long time and my ear swelled up.

It could've been infected or worse.


That's it. I only included what I could think of in 30 minutes, just imagine all the other weirdness that I've attempted when not with my Summer and Sayuri. The above may seem fun at first, but in reality they are plain stupid and I regret them all the time.

I'd much rather roast marshmellows in Summer's back yard, set the fire alarm of in Sayuri's house after attempting to cook in the broiler, dress up oddly before going to a restaurant, play truth or dare in the patio section at Target, give cute Starbucks baristas codenames, and go to the beach at 1:00 to watch the grunion run.

Cuz that's how we roll.

Your worse-for-wear butterfly,
Regette

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you're coming to college with me...

    ReplyDelete