The Life and Times of Sayuri, Summer, and Regette

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Regette's always got a game plan...

I happen to be an extraordinarily goal-oriented person. Plans make me feel like things are happening--if I look at a list that says my plan for the day includes sitting on the couch for at least 2 hours watching Dr. Who and eating a menagerie of exotic cheeses, well then, I must do it. If I do not schedule my time as such, I feel guilty.

I have this "life for dummies" flow chart posted on the fridge to tell me how I am going to get through college and embark upon a career:



(see. I told you.)


My pride and joy of all such lists and schedules happens to be my "Bucket list." This is not a tentative list; things on the bucket list will happen. They have to.

With no further ado, I give you Regette's bucket list. Enjoy.

Drag race
Run away from a major commitment (literally would be more fun...)
Go to a rave
Live in another country
Have a song written about me (The song the boys in science class made of my last name doesn't count)
Get an intriguing accent
Be baptized any religion
Elope somewhere exotic
Go sailing in the Maldives
Join the mile high club
Carry a dog in a purse
Attempt to become a nun (The attempt is what counts, not the follow through)
Write a novel (I didn't specify it had to be good)
Drink whiskey in my coffee
Go to a confession (whatever I did better be worth it)
Pierce own ear
Sing "California Dreamin'" in a coffee place...not in California
Never live in any place more than 5 years (stagnancy is the enemy)
Marry a man that is wearing a tailcoat (just when we are getting married...not all the time....that would be weird)

Most importantly-
On every single May 21, at approximately 4:00, be in Sayuri's and my starbucks, drinking an unsweetened iced green tea.

Your butterfly,
Regette

p.s. tell me about your own completed bucket list items in the comments
p.p.s. If you ask very very nicely, someday I will post about the three completed items on my bucket list...I love a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment